As a Host Family, you agree to provide room and board to Study & Stay
Hawaii’s international students who are visiting Hawaii for educational and/or recreational purposes.
You must provide a clean private, furnished room with a bed, desk, chair, closet/dresser. The room that you have designated to Study and Stay Hawaii for the Student will be the room provided for the Student for the entire duration of the Homestay period. If a change is necessary, Study and Stay Hawaii must be notified in advance. You will provide each Student with a key to the house. You will contact the Homestay Coordinator immediately if difficulties arise and will work with the Coordinator toward resolving any issues.
As a Host Family, you will provide two (2) healthy, adequate meals per
day. Breakfast is self-‐serve and dinner must be prepared by the family. All meals must be substantive and healthy. An evening meal must be
prepared and left if you are not at home or if the Student comes from school late. Snacks should be available for the Student to eat at any time.
1. You must speak only English in the Student’s presence.
2. You will maintain comprehensive liability insurance on the property for the duration of this contract and will provide Study and Stay Hawaii with proof of such insurance upon request. Study and Stay Hawaii does
not assume any responsibilities for injuries suffered by the Student while in your care.
3. You will not require or request the Student to baby-‐sit. You will not require the Student to do housework apart from keeping his/her own room and bathroom clean and minimal reasonable daily chores as part
of the household.
4. You will treat the Student with respect and tolerance and will not deal with the Student in an aggressive or abusive manner.
5. You will show the Student places of interest and include the Student in your family activities as appropriate for the duration of the Student’s stay.
6. You are expected to provide a welcoming and secure environment. Study and Stay Hawaii has the right to move a Student without the usual
advance notice if the situation is deemed unsatisfactory by the school or
its agents. If it is discovered that there are problems in the home, such as alcohol abuse, the Student will be removed. If improper physical advances toward a Student occur, the Student will be removed from the
home and legal action taken if warranted.
7. In the event that you must be away from home during the Student’s stay, you will inform the Study and Stay Hawaii Homestay Coordinator and make arrangements for someone to fulfill all the obligations under this Agreement during your absence.
8. You agree to release and hold Study and Stay Hawaii harmless, for any damages which you may suffer or claim which you may have, as a result of entering into this Agreement and without limiting the generality of the foregoing; for any action or behavior of the Student during his/her stay with you. The same laws and statutes governing American citizens also bind students. Study and Stay Hawaii and its agents are in no way to be considered as having a legal guardian status or in any other manner responsible for the behavior or actions of the Student.
You will be compensated by Study & Stay Hawaii and will not accept any payments directly from the Student. Study & Stay Hawaii will check with both Student and Host Family in the first few days following arrival to see if there are any initial problems. If nothing arises during that time period, initial payments will be sent by mail approximately one week after the Student’s arrival.
You are required to greet your Student at the airport upon arrival. If you are unable to do so, please contact the Homestay Coordinator at least
one week prior to the Student’s arrival.
If you are able to provide this service, you will be compensated $45 for
the pick-‐up. Airport drop-‐off is also required in most cases and you will $40 for the drop-‐off compensation. If the information in the Homestay Application From about your family or the conditions in your home is found to be incorrect, Study and Stay Hawaii will have the right to remove the Student and/or terminate this Agreement. If this Agreement
is terminated by Study and Stay Hawaii, the Host Family will refund the
pro-‐rated balance of the remuneration to the Study and Stay Hawaii immediately. If you do not meet the requirements or criteria of the Homestay Program of breach any of the Terms and Conditions contained in this Agreement, Study and Stay Hawaii will have the right to immediately terminate your participation in the Program.
I have read the above stated Terms and Conditions and agree to abide by them as a condition of my participation in the Homestay Program at Study and Stay Hawaii.
Comments are closed.